Immersive Gamebox brings the hit television show to life like never before.
Immersive Gamebox, formerly Electric Gamebox, is a unique location-based entertainment platform that uses a combination of motion tracking, projection mapping, touchscreens, and various other technologies to immerse multiple users in 360-degree interactive experiences without the need for headsets.
Earlier this summer, the company announced a partnership with Rovio Entertainment to bring the immensely-popular Angry Birds franchise to their “digital smart rooms,” offering visitors the chance to topple towers together using their own two hands. This week, Immersive Gamebox announced yet another major partnership, this time with Netflix’s Squid Game.
Beginning this September, groups of two to six can immerse themselves in the platform’s first adult-rated (16+) experience, a multiplayer competition inspired directly by the show.
The experience is composed of six games in total (as provided by Immersive Gamebox):
- Red Light, Green Light – Use 3D motion tracking to navigate your way around various obstacles and get to safety.
- Dalgona – Carve out specific shapes within the time limit using the 3D motion tracking featured on your designated visor.
- Tug of War – Work with your teammates to pull the rope in your direction or face dire consequences.
- Marbles – Use the touch screens provided to fire marbles towards the center screen in order to pass through to the next level.
- Glass Bridge – Work with your teammates to solve different puzzles in order to progress to the other side safely.
- Squid Game – Participate in the final game. Navigate around the course while avoiding enemies.
“People are constantly seeking new and different ways to remain invested in their favorite content,” said Will Dean, CEO of Immersive Gamebox, in an official release. “To reimagine Netflix’s most popular show in an entirely new format offers customers more ways to stay connected to Squid Game.”
Immersive Gamebox’s Squid Game experience will be available beginning September 21st, 2022. The company opened its 13th venue in New York City just last month, joining additional locations in Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Denver, DC, Rancho Cucamonga, and San Antonio.
For more information visit here.
Image Credit: Immersive Gamebox